Velo Pro Fluid Turbo Trainer Summary
When we saw that Velo had created a fluid version, we knew we had to give it a try, and see if it could knock our top fluid trainer off it's spot.
Running on a slightly slicker V shape frame, with a double screw locking system to keep your bike in place. Using a supposedly heavier magnetic flywheel, housed within the lubrication fluid, this provides a smoother, quieter ride (this is noticeable).
- Compatible with bikes 26" - 29" / 700c wheels (slightly more than others)
- Up to 200kg weight capacity (nearly twice what most allow)
- 570mm x 510 x 270 when unfolded and being used
- Magnetic/ Fluid Roller (using a magnetic flywheel inside of lubrication)
- V-Shape wide angle set up to allow for better stability
- This has a double lock system, rather than a quick release, this will keep your bike in place more, but it does require more effort to take off.
There is no denying the fact, this is a quiet turbo, you can easily watch TV or be in the same room as someone as they will rarely care or notice you spinning away in the back.
With the V shape design, it feels sturdy, even when 140kg+ of person is sitting on this and rocking backwards and forwards due to their over excitable ride.
It feels smooth to ride on, even for longer periods of time, and it feels pleasant to ride
Currently, we can't find much wrong with this, though you could debate if this is a full fluid turbo, or some kind of hybrid.
Who Is The Velo Fluid Turbo Trainer For?
- Anyone looking for a quiet, smooth indoor turbo trainer to enjoy potentially in a smaller apartment or accommodation without access to additional rooms.
- A cost effective, and well priced fluid trainer.
Velo Fluid Turbo Trainer Conclusion
Just like the mag ride version, Velo have created a decent trainer, for under £200, that is stable, easy to set up and pretty smooth.
Without any notable movement or noise, you can set this up in a living room, or study without being much of a distraction to anyone else in the house.